All exhibitors have the opportunity to present their latest collections on professional models. Fashion shows are held both during the Polish Fashion Gala and the next day, in the form of trade shows. There are also organised shows of art students presenting a slightly different, almost futuristic look at the fashion industry. During the last edition, the students were the representatives of the Kazimierz Pulaski University of Technology and Humanities in Radom and the University of the Arts in Poznań.
On 5.03.2019, the Earth Hall held the Professionals' Congress - Internet in fashion, fashion on the Internet - as part of the first day of the Poznan Fashion Fair. The event began at 9:30 with an energetic welcome by the host - Paulina Smaszcz-Kurzajewska - journalist, presenter and PR specialist.
The exceptional debate on the future of the fashion industry conditioned by new technologies gathered a full audience of listeners. The speakers included the representatives of art schools, art and cultural institutions, lawyers, fashion journalists, representatives of popular Polish virtual shopping centres, experts on the implementation of comprehensive e-mail and SMS campaigns as well as representatives of showrooms and stylists. The discussion covered, among others, topics such as:
- Education of designers versus business reality. The manner in which Polish universities prepare students to function in the fashion industry
(University of the Arts in Poznań); discussing the future of the fashion industry and the future aspirations of fashion business sharks.
- The role of institutions in promoting fashion and clothing industry. Place as a form of promotion (Central Museum of Textiles in Łódź);
discussing how history, experience and the right people are able to help the sector to bloom and develop.
- The role of online media and social networking in creating demand for fashion brands and promoting the dominant trends (Wirtualna Polska);
the presentation included several key statistics, such as the sources of fashion inspiration or the level of familiarity with specific online stores.
- M-commers, i.e. innovative solutions in online sales (Domodi.pl); presentation of interesting applications of mobile and desktop versions of online stores to increase sales.
- How to build customer awareness around the brand through mailing, SMS and push notifications? Successful campaigns in the fashion industry (Redlink); discussion on how quickly and effectively improve visibility and sales activity on the Internet with specific tricks.
- The organisation of trade fairs as an effective marketing tool and their importance for the development of brand clothing (MTP Group);
discussion on thriving trade fairs and the benefits resulting from participation in such events.
- Showroom as an intermediary between the clothing company, boutique, Internet, and "John Doe" (Vertigo Fashion Management);
the importance of cooperation with other entities and persons, promotion and PR activities in the fashion industry.
- Fashion on the Internet and the law - opportunities and threats (WKB Wierciński, Kwieciński Baehr Sp. k.); legal aspects of the fashion world, intellectual property, warranty and guarantee on the products purchased on the Internet, promotions, and product returns.
After the Congress, many participants expressed their satisfaction with the event. The energy emanating from the stage had its effect on the audience who later discussed the issues relating to the fashion industry and its development today. The conference was held as part of the 2-day Poznan Fashion Fair, which took place at the same time.