All exhibitors have the opportunity to present their latest collections on professional models. Fashion shows are held both during the Polish Fashion Gala and the next day, in the form of trade shows. There are also organised shows of art students presenting a slightly different, almost futuristic look at the fashion industry. During the last edition, the students were the representatives of the Kazimierz Pulaski University of Technology and Humanities in Radom and the University of the Arts in Poznań.
On February 19th, during the first day of the Poznań Fashion Fair, the Professional Congress took place. This event, which during the previous edition received wide coverage in the media and among people associated with the fashion industry. Among the lectures, there were issues related to e-commerce, modern technologies, sustainable environment and virtual fitting room. This year's edition of the Congress of Professionals brought together speakers representing cultural institutions. and arts, law firms and companies related to the fashion industry. Ecology and sustainable fashion topics were new, with experts and specialists from many fields that are associated with the fashion industry every day.
THIS YEAR'S SPEAKERS
1. "Me, a collector, or how I became a fashion expert" - Adam Leja, a fashion collector and expert in decorative arts from the art deco period. Leja is one of the largest fashion collectors in Europe - its collections count over five thousand exhibits from the mid-nineteenth century until today.
2. Anna Kuczyńska
3. "Plant materials as a future in the fashion industry" - Bohema Clothing, an ecological and even vegan brand that produces not only pineapple leather shoes. Quite recently they became a precursor and created the world's first cactus leather shoes.
4. "Building your own brand on Allegro" - Celestyna Lendo-Zachariasz presented tools to support business development on Allegro and the opportunity to benefit from benefits offered to partners. She told you how to plan campaigns in line with tradeplan Allegro and how to develop product visibility, also using 360 communication tools. The speech will be addressed both to brands with a position in the market and to those who are just thinking about their future in the fashion industry.
5. "Creative recycling. Between chaos and conscious design"- on behalf of the UTH appeared prof. zw. Irmina Aksamitowska-Szadkowska and dr hab. Hanna Wojdała-Markowska. Ladies, among others, told you about reflections on data related to fashion and crossing the borders of consumer security. There were also be a thread on the ethics of the designer profession.
6. "Legal aspects of product placement by fashion influencers" - Kancelaria Wierciński Kwieciński, Baehr. The presentation were devoted to EU funds from which you can finance solutions that support sustainable development in the fashion industry. Participants learned where and how to look for non-returnable forms of financial assistance supporting innovative projects and brand promotion in foreign markets.
7. "Word in fashion" - fashion is based on words. Words create trends, build brands and their originality. It starts with them - building a brand strategy and creating communication to users. Why is their selection so important and how to interpret them? You can hear about this during one of the lectures of marketing and PR specialists from Domodi.pl - Martyna Głowińska and Marta Kaleta.
8. "Trends, innovation and ecological fashion of Kazakhstan: our view on the future" - Irina Nechaeva (lecture in Russian).
9. "VR Lookroom platform. Blurring the border between online and offline shopping ”- Konrad Ziaja gave a lecture on behalf of Cinematicvr.pl, focusing on virtual reality in which the customer can see clothes.
Fashion City is an “urban” project accompanying Poznan Fashion Fair to be held on 19-20.02.2020. Its main goal is the promotion of designers, fashion brands, places and events that have one thing in common − the latest fashion and trends. The project and the accompanying events are open for anyone coming to Poznan, especially those wishing to visit Poznan Fashion Fair. It will be a great complement to the trade fair event and will provide much fashion-related experience.
The event will be co-created by designers, fashion brands, boutiques and places connected with art. All of them promote fashion in broad terms and support the statement that anything can be trendy.
The event accompanies Poznan Fashion Fair to be held on the same date, i.e. 19-20.02.2020 in the halls of MTP Poznan Expo. Participation in the fair is an excellent opportunity to establish new business contacts and purchase the latest collections, which can be then presented also in other countries. In order to exploit the potential of time that visitors will spend in Poznan, we prove that our city is just TRENDY − and the interesting program prepared by us provides an added value to the visit.
Centrum Kultury Zamek − the opportunity to see the exhibition entitled “Unknown Impressionism − Manet, Pissarro and their contemporaries”, to admire the works of the impressionists and to learn the subjects chosen by them such as portraits, the life of a modern city, but most of all, what is important from the point of view of fashion, the clothing trends prevailing in their era.
COCO BOUTIQUE − dedicated workshops entitled “Capsule wardrobe in practice”, aimed at building the customers' awareness on how to build a capsule wardrobe and how to properly select clothes. The boutique will be open during the whole event, from 10:00 to 18:00 and on Saturday (22.02.) from 10:00 to 14:00.
CONFASHION − night shopping and a meeting after opening hours in the boutique in one of the most beautiful places of Poznan − Paderewski Street. Registration is possible by telephone or e-mail: email@example.com, 601 968 690.
Anna Korytowska − an exhibition of an original clothing collection, combined with a meeting with the designer in her Atelier in Garbary, on 17.02 at 18:00. Registration can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miszkomaszko − a T-shirt screen-printing workshop. Each participant will have the opportunity to print their own T-shirt or buy cotton bags on site. The workshop will take place on 22.02 at 12:00-14:00, free admission.
Fashion History Museum − a curatorial tour of the exhibition “Out of sight. The history of underwear in the nineteenth century.” The museum invites you on 20.02 at 18:00. Poznan Fashion Fair participants can take advantage of a special 25% discount on tickets. Standard and discounted tickets cost PLN 12 and PLN 8, respectively.
Novamoda − a week of crazy prices and discounts on clothes from designers, and those who wish to enjoy shopping with a stylist should simply make an appointment by telephone with Marta Rash − 790 455 885.
Oyca − the jewellery brand prepared two dedicated meetings for the project participants, during which they will learn more about the design of commercial, artistic and men's jewellery, focusing on the works of Mieczyslaw Gryza. Participants will also see his studio. The first one will be held on 18.02 at 17:00 and the other on 20.02 at 18:00. Registration is possible by phone by calling Agnieszka Gryza: 696 023 047.
PATRIZIA ARYTON − the brand has been operating on the Polish market for 30 years. Currently, women all over the world buy the brand's clothes, and as part of the project a special promotional offer has been prepared for customers. During the project, the brand will offer a 20% discount for all those who show a ticket to Poznan Fashion Fair at the checkout or register for the Professionals' Congress.
Stary Browar − a place that combines art, trade and culture. The Gallery at the Courtyard of Art hosts numerous international exhibitions. The project participants will have the opportunity to see the present exhibition entitled “Daniel Lismore − I'm a Work of Art.”